Wednesday, April 17, 2013

How I became a PI...

People often ask me, “Zach how the DOS did you become a Private Investigator?” I tell them, I always had a certain affection for things from the old 20th century. Not sure why I just found that time more interesting. My assistant Carol says I’m old school. Nothing more old school than being a PI. Plus, I studied Human Behavior in college. I was even working on a Ph.D. It was interesting but not that interesting and even less exciting. I couldn’t see myself as a researcher or a therapist. Face it, I’m not an on the clock 10 to 3 kind of guy. I needed more. 

 One day I got an email saying, “join the police academy.” I figured this would be a good way to make my mark in the world with a little flare. I dropped out of my Ph.D. program (something never to be brought up in front of my mom) and joined the Police Academy. They taught me to shoot, they gave me some detective skills, they taught me first aid and how to defend myself. Most of all though they taught me that I didn’t like following orders. Sadly, following orders is a big part of the gig. I quit the day of graduation. (Something else never to be brought up in front of my mother.)

 While I was pondering my future in my favorite dive I ran into the toughest SOB I had ever met. Her name was Gem Stone, she was one of the last of a dying breed, she was a PI. She was getting on in age (she was 87) and needed an assistant, somebody to take over. 

 The rest as they say is history. Zachary N Johnson 

  My current adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment